Saturday, February 26, 2011

Vomelette

What makes this whoops particularly embarrassing is that I once hired a professional food stylist/chef to come over and show me how to make an omelette. We looked at a Martha Stewart cookbook and found the "shake, scramble and roll" technique. Now the only thing shaking is my stomach as I prepare to eat this. I think what happened is, I added too much half-and-half, which made the whole thing into a very unappetizing, liquidy pale yellow mass (or mess). It became impossible for me to manipulate this thing with a spatula. Meanwhile, the bottom was burning on the pan.

(The toast is embarrassed to be seen with this culinary travesty on the plate, so it is hiding.)

1 comment:

  1. Omelets are among the only things I can cook decently, but now and then they kind of self-destruct when I attempt to flip them in the fry pan. Covering the culinary travesty with some judiciously placed bits of chili sauce or another appropriate topping can help a bit.

    ReplyDelete